Man in guarded condition after mobile home fire | Environment
A person was injured following a mobile home fire in Gautier around 4:30 Sunday morning.
According to Gautier fire marshal Charles Thornburg, the mobile home is located in a mobile home park just off of Highway 90 called Isle of Pines.
Thornburg said three people, who rent the trailer, were in the mobile home when the fire started. Smoke alarms went off and alerted them of the fire. They were able to get out and only a 39-year-old man had to be hospitalized for injuries.
When firefighters arrived, it took about 30 minutes to put the fire out.
The trailer is completely destroyed and burned out, Thornburg said. The victim was transported to a burn center in Mobile, AL. He was last listed in guarded condition.
Thornburg said the fire is being ruled an accident pending further investigation.
Top Gautier Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pascagoula accepting resumes to fill vacany on strategic plan committee
- Paddle Through the Grand Bay Reserve’s Seaside Wetlands to Celebrate American Wetlands Month on May
- MDOT and City of Pascagoula to provide jobs to youth
- Lighthouse history is preserved in Pascagoula
- Saving a life with nothing more than a cotton swab
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women